Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Three Words: Let it Be

Today when I was driving to work, I started to doubt things with the man in my life.  All of these questions popped up into my head:

- are we too different?
- should I just end things now if I don't think we have a future?
- do we have a future?
- why haven't we integrated ourselves into each other's lives?

The thoughts were really overwhelming and completely consumed my drive to work.  Once I got to work, I logged in and had 50 new emails from last night.  At least three were marked urgent.  My day took over from that moment on and all of those morning drive thoughts were gone.  I was living in the present.

After work, I went to observe a yoga class.  At the end of the class, right before savasana, the teacher said, "just let it be." And then she played the song (a little cheesy huh).  But those simple words stayed with me. Sometimes I just need to let it be and not get so wrapped up with everything else.  Let the relationship be, don't try and create something that isn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment