Monday, October 4, 2010

Three Words: Yoga Teacher Training

When my relationship ended last year, I started on a path of self-exploration.  Think Eat, Pray, Love.  But without the travelling part.  Or maybe just a little of the travelling.

With this journey, I discovered a true love for yoga that led me to sign up for a yoga teacher training program.  Three months ago when I signed up, it sounded like a great idea.  A 10-week immersion into yoga and by the end of those ten weeks, I would be certified to teach.

Last week I almost had a panic attach thinking about the commitment.  What had I signed up for and paid $3000 for?  20 hours a week of yoga!  And yes, I have a full-time job and like to have a social life.  Oh and did I mention that I had to do 20 hours of yoga!

So with all the anxieties, I started my yoga path this Friday.  I was filled with judgment and criticism over the time commitment, the people, everything.  But I walked into the room and I was asked to let go of something and to make an intention.  I decided to let go of judgment and vow to "love everyone and myself without judgment."  Saying the words out loud and writing them on a piece of paper made them real.  So with that I started my yoga journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment